Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Walgreens: They paid me $2.06 to take home $44.44 worth of products!!!!

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Walgreens: They paid me $2.06 to take home $44.44 worth of products!!!!

First Transaction:
Scalpicin
Blink Tears
Vitamin Schtick

Coupons Used:
$1.00/1 Scalpicin
$1.50/1 Blink Tears
$5 Register Reward

OOP: $9.47 plus tax
RRs Earned: $16 ($6 Scalpicin, $8 Blink, $2 Vitamin Schtick)

Second Transaction:
Advil
Thermacare
Club Crackers x2
Zicam Cold Sore Swabs
Vitamin Schtick
Plastic Spoons

Coupons used:
$2.00/1 Advil
$1.00/1 Thermacare
(2) $1.00/1 Club Crackers
$3.00/1 Zicam peelie
$8 RR
$6 RR

OOP: $6.47 plus tax
RRs earned: $16 (Wyeth $5, Keebler $2, Zicam $7, Vitamin Schtick $2)

Total OOP: $15.94 plus tax
RRs Remaining: $18

You can view all the deals I did with coupon matchups here.

How'd you do this week?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kaylyndawn said...

With all due respect, aren't you counting your savings twice? You are rolling your RR to the next sale but you're really not up $2.06 when $15.94 came out of your pocket the remaining $18 RR applies the next deal otherwise you're counting it twice. Can anyone else explain this well? I'm not even sure I understand myself. But I had to quit doing tons of Walgreen's deals because I was telling myself I came out ahead when I had counted my RR twice.

February 3, 2010 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

Yes Kaylyndawn, the remaining $18 RRs will apply toward my next transactions so you could say that if I spent the $18RRs next time with no oop but tax, then everything was truly free. I wouldn't let the numbers screw you up so much...rolling RRs does save...it saves you big time. I've rolled so many RRs in the last few years, I couldn't even begin to calculate how much I've saved. Well, I could but don't take the time. I never spend any more than what's in my budget to spend and my cupboards are overflowing...so I'd say I'm coming out ahead. ~Amanda

February 4, 2010 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

I think I thought of a better way to explain this. Yes, I spent $15.94 out of pocket. BUT I have $18 RRs remaining (over and above the ones I used toward the two transactions)which are like cash in my pocket (that I can use at Walgreens) so if I were to stop here, I would be $2.04 ahead of the game. BUT I will roll these RRs into more RR deals and then those into more RR deals so it just keeps going. If you try to make sure you always walk away from a transaction with more RRs than what you spent out of pocket, than you are always ahead. Does that make sense?

February 5, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home