Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Freezer Cooking Day Results ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day Results ~

As I posted last week, I decided last minute to participate in Money Saving Mom's Freezer Cooking Day. I didn't plan ahead so I just went with what I had in the house. Here are the results:

I made rice (10 3-cup bags), chopped green bell peppers (7 1-cup containers), pancakes, sweet pototo pancakes, banana bread, italian chicken and lemon chicken.

I actually made more pancakes but we've had them for breakfast for the last two mornings. I also made a couple small loaves of banana bread but those disappeared before they made it to the freezer.

I wanted to share the recipe I came up with for the sweet potato pancakes.

I know the Freezer Cooking is officially over today but I can't seem to stop. I'm finding that fitting a little here and a little there into my day is working quite nicely.

I had baked beans on my shopping list this week and as I was standing in the store contemplating buying Bush's Baked Beans for $1.50 a can (I needed two), I thought "what am I doing? I can make these." So I found myself buying two one-pound bags of navy beans. They're cooked and ready to transform.

I also have two more pounds of pinto beans in the crockpot and I'm going to bake up some pototoes (only halfway), slice and freeze for making home fries later. (Thanks Lynn for this marvelous idea)

And of course I still have onions to chop and freeze.

Have you done any freezer cooking lately? What do you do to save time in the kitchen?

Be sure to check out all the ideas from other bloggers who participated in Freezer Cooking Day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home