Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: My Buy for Less Trip ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Buy for Less Trip ~

I only went to Buy for Less to "check it out" and to pick up a few of this week's meat deals.

I was so excited when I left that I might have (ok, I did!) done a little jig in the parking lot!

I had planned to buy a couple of roasts for this week's menu but ended up buying THREE pork roasts (11lbs - bone in), TWO london broil (4.66lbs) and a HUGE package of Split Chicken Breast (about 4 lbs). I spent around $25.00 which works out to be an average of $1.30 per lb. Even though the pork roasts were "bone-in", the bone didn't amount to much so I feel like I still got a good deal.


The best part is that between Aldi and Buy for Less and what I have in my freezer already, I have meat for about three weeks (maybe more)...and I didn't spend any more out of pocket than I normally do, which means I'll have cushion in my budget in the following weeks. Oh my hubby will be happy!

I also picked up grapes at $0.98/lb, roma tomatoes at $0.99/lb., black plums at $088/lb, kiwi fruit for 4/$1 and green bell pappers for 2/$1. Of course, now I'm kicking myself because this week green bells are on sale for $0.39 ea. Guess I'll have to stock up the freezer!

They carry an extensive selection of Crystal Farms Cheese so the .55/1 coupons from SmartSource 7/26 (exp. 8/31/09) will come in handy.

While I was there, I found the following tearpads:




I have to say that I will be making Buy for Less a part of my main shopping. I don't know that I will drive that far every week but if I can come up with a list of deals like this, I most certainly will go!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home