Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Intentional Tuesday Tip: Using Coupon Databases ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Intentional Tuesday Tip: Using Coupon Databases ~




I'm a pretty organized person when it comes to my coupons but I don't know what I'd do without the on-line coupon databases that are available for my use. Because of the hard work of many individuals, I have coupon matchups at my fingertips.

Coupon databases are on-line resources that list all the available coupon sources for a particular brand or product. For example, if I'm looking for a coupon for "campbell's soups", I can enter "campbell's" into the search field and a list of all the available insert, printable, peelie, tearpad, by mail, etc. coupons will pop up.

Simple Saving Savvy, along with hundreds of other blogs, lists coupon matchups for you according to that week's deals but sometimes you just need to find a coupon for something not on sale that week. And sometimes you run across an unadvertised deal that you know you've seen a coupon matchup for but can't remember where. Using a coupon database can save you alot of search time and money.

Recently I posted a poll on Simple Saving Savvy asking readers if they were utilizing the Deal Seeking Mom coupon database that I have embedded on the blog for their use. Twenty-nine people responded (I realize most of you read Simple Saving Savvy via RSS Reader and did not see the poll) and 31% of those readers use the Deal Seeking Mom database all the time. That's enough for me to keep it on the site. And since the rest of you are reading this through RSS Readers, you now know it's there for your benefit.

I also wanted to point you to a couple of my favorite coupon databases for future use.

I often search for insert coupon matchups to post on the blog, and while many databases list all the options for every region, it is time consuming to try to find the coupon/amount that matches your region. So for insert coupon searches I use the database at 918 Coupon Queen. Sarah's database lists ONLY Oklahoma inserts for Tulsa and OKC. I have it saved to my favorites and it has been a HUGE timesaver for me.

When searching for printables and other coupon sources including rebates, I have found the database at Hot Coupon World to be my favorite. You will have to register with the site and then click on the Coupon Database tab at the top. It is quite extensive and detailed enough to respond to even the most general seaches.

Of course I will continue to bring you coupon matchups as consistently as I can.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks Amanda, that is a great tip. I often get frustrated spending time looking for a coupon that only the east coast got.

January 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home