Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Weekly Savings Review ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weekly Savings Review ~

WOW! What a week! I felt like I was hitting the jackpot all over the place.
I was elated to find that Crest got some more of the specially marked boxes of Kellogg's cereals that qualify fo the $10 Toy Voucher rebate. They are on sale for 3/$10. Use one of the $1.00/2 coupons we received in last week's inserts (11/8) and pay 3/$9. Once you receive your toy voucher, you'll profit $1.

Also, they had the specially marked boxes of Keebler crackers and cookies that qualify for another $10 toy voucher. I found Flipsides, Toasteds, Chex Party Mix and Keebler Chocolate Chip & Pecan Sandies all with the special token.

Other deals:

Bruce's Yams (large cans) 2/$3
Crest Shreds $1.44
Glad Force Flex Trash Bags 38ct $3.98
Bananas $0.39/lb

Asian Sensations $2.68
Use $1.00/1
Final Cost: $1.68

Ozarka Natural Spring Water (gallon) $0.99
Use BOGO RP 10/18
Final Cost: two for $1

Dole Blends $2.69 (selected)
Use $1.00/1 tearpad from Homeland or Crest
Final Cost: $1.69
At Homeland, I pretty much did the deals listed here.

I did pick up some No Yolks $2.10 (these were marked $2.25 but the register gave me ONE card savings of $0.15), used the $0.75/1 printable, making them only $0.60.

Also, Smart Balance Sour Cream is only $2.09. Use the $1.00/1 from the November All You and it's only $0.09. Thanks Kim!

And last, there are peelies on the Gold Medal flour:

Walmart turned out to offer some pretty good savings as well:
I found the advertised Flipsides with the token on the box. They are priced at $2 ea. I used the $1.00/2 printable and paid $1.50 ea.

Starkist Tuna Pouches $0.98
Use $0.50/1
printable
Final Cost: $0.48 ea.

Red Potatoes 5lbs $2.00

Stove Top Stuffing is $1.15. I bought three and used the tearpad from Homeland to save $2.00 on ground beef. When I checked my receipt, the stuffing rang up at $1.68. I took it to CS and they refunded the difference.

Cascadian Farms Granola $2.68
Use $1.00/1 printable
Final Cost: $1.68

Splenda 50ct $2.24
Use $1.00/1
printable
Final Cost: $1.24**

**don't do this...take your $1.00/1 to Homeland and get the same box for $0.79.

Bisquick 40oz. $2.57
Use $0.60
printable
Final Cost: $1.97

I did two transactions at Target. The first included ten glade products and Johnson's baby bubble bath and wash for $3.04. I used (5) BOGO coupons and (3) $1.50/1 coupons plus a $1.00/1 Johnson's printable. My out of Pocket was $11.44 including tax, and I got a $10 gift card for the Glade.

I'll also submit for the FREE Toy Frog Bath Set for buying one Johnson's Bath or Lotion product.
Then I did the following transaction:
The only deal not found here is the Johnson's baby shampoo which was on sale for 2/$7 and I used a $1.00/1 printable.

I'll also submit for the Temperature Ducky Johnson's rebate. I only spent $2.50 out of pocket for this rebate since the Johson's Buddies soaps were free with coupon.

And I'll submit for the Great Taste, Big Savings $5 Coupon Rebate.

I used my $10 gift card from the previous transaction and only spent $7.13 out of pocket.

And today I just couldn't help myself...I went to Homeland again and splurged...I spent $0.40 on everything you see here:
I was very blessed to find a package of Pilgrim's Pride chicken thighs marked down to $1.16. I used the $0.55/1 printable and they were only $0.06.

Also, I found a small pork roast marked down to $1.77. I used a tearpad I found at Crest a few weeks back to save $1.00 off any pork purchase. Once it doubled, the roast was FREE.

The meat purchase combined with the Dole salad purchase put me at the $4.00 requirement to use the $1.00/1 tearpad to save on a coke purchase so I only paid $0.50 for the soda.

The Country Bob's BBQ was free with coupon and I used the FREE tearpad for the bagels which subtracted $3.79 from my order although I only paid $2.19 for the bread.

And my wonderful friend Stacy gave me a $5 off $25 Homeland purchase coupons which helped greatly to reduce my out of pocket.

I didn't show you all my purchases in the photos but my total out of pocket for this week was $157.10 which is $17.10 over my budget.

However, this amount includes cat litter, collar, wet food and cat toy. I won't have to always buy the collar and toys so once I figure out the pet savings game, I should be able to fit the cat stuff into our $140 weekly budget.

My total savings were: $114.16 which includes the $10 Target gift card but does NOT include ONE Card or any other in-store savings.

And I also have enough Kellogg's cereal and Keebler crackers/cookies to submit for TWO $10 toy rebates here and here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home