Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Intentional Housekeeping: Part 3 - Organizing Your Stockpile

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Intentional Housekeeping: Part 3 - Organizing Your Stockpile


Last week I discussed the finer details of organizing the "stuff" in your home by giving you a glance at my walk-in closet and desk area.

About now you probably think I sound (and read) like a broken record - "store like with like, give everything a home, make it easily accessible" - but hopefully you are beginning to see the method to my obsession.

This week we're going to take a look at how I organize my stockpile.

For those of you who are new to Simple Saving Savvy, not only do I shop deals using coupons but I engage in a practice called stockpiling which is exactly as it sounds. I "stockpile" terrific deals as I find them so that I never have to pay full price for anything again.

Sometimes stockpiling can be a challenge where storage is concerned. I hope the following videos will give you some ideas and also show you how to set good boundaries.





In the last couple of weeks we've covered setting up ground rules or putting systems in place to aid in being intentional in your home:

*Everything Must Have a Home
*Touch it Once
*Use Available Labor Sources


We've taken that a step further by setting ground rules for organization in the home:

*Designate a place for everything (give it a home)
*Keep like items together
*Recycle containers to aid in organization

This week we've added another system with regard to our stockpiles:

*Never stockpile more of an item than you can store in it's designated space.
*If you do find great deals on items you already have stocked, consider donating those items.

Next week we'll move away from item organization and look at some more systems that can really help to declutter and destress our everyday lives.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home