Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Homeland Haul ~ Another great week!

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Homeland Haul ~ Another great week!

This week at Homeland just may have been better than the the last! Below is my shopping trip done in two different transactions. I spent about $50 for a cart full of groceries including most of my meat for this week and part of next. I like to post these kinds of trips to show that in the "real" world, you don't always walk out of the store having only shelled out a few bucks. Sometimes you spend a little more but it should never be at frugality's expense.




This week I purchased many of the "convenience foods" that were FREE or cheap with coupons, however, I also purchased chicken breast (two 2lb. plus packages), ground beef (three 1 lb. packages including one 97/3 lean), beef ribs (two small packages) shredded cheese (two packages), blackberries (two packs), hot dog buns (2), True North nuts (2), and several items that I'll donate.

Total before coupons: $129.32

Coupons Used: $47.87
Coupons Doubled: $30.67

Total out of pocket:
$50.78

Remember, I do not include the ONE Card in my savings since Homeland's prices are so high. I don't feel this is an accurate reflection. Even without this amount, my savings percentage was still about 61%. I couldn't have done that at Walmart or Crest on all these items...even with coupons!

All the deals I purchased today can be found
HERE or HERE with the exception of the meat and a few others listed below:

Glade Fabric & Air Odor Eliminator $4.19 (free with attached peelie)

Mrs. Baird's Hot Dog Buns $1.89
Use .55/1 hot dog or hamburger buns SS 5/17
Final Cost: $0.79 ea.

Cascade Crystal Clear Rinse $3.69
Use FREE coupon in Home Made Simple coupon book

Libby's Canned Fruit $1.00

Dole Fruit Bowls $1.99
buy 2
Use $1.00/2 Printable
Final Cost: $1.98/2 or $0.99 ea.

Cool Whip $0.99
buy 2
Use $1.00/2
printable
Final Cost: TWO for FREE

Today (Tuesday) is the last day to take advantage of some of these deals and tomorrow (Wednesday) we start a whole NEW WEEK OF SAVINGS! I received my ad early this week so I'll try to have the deals posted later on today sometime.

If you run across a great unadvertised deal or see a deal I missed in the sales circular, email me! Thanks to all of you who contribute to these deals!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home