Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Walgreens: Savings Recap & L'Oreal Preference Hair Color only $0.50 ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Walgreens: Savings Recap & L'Oreal Preference Hair Color only $0.50 ~


Total Out of Pocket: $25.88
Register Rewards Remaining: $16.50

Not my best Walgreens trip but at least I have some RRs built up plus I'm able to give you an update on some of this week's deals before...hopefully before you try them yourself.

The kleenex deal won't work as planned. First of all, the in ad coupon is for 70 or 110ct boxes and unfortunately these aren't included in the "Spend $10, Get $3 RRs" deal (at least not at the Walgreens on Kelly & Covell). I found this out only AFTER I had completed my transaction. But after calculating, I only paid $0.62 per box so not a bad deal at all. Most of these will be donated.

I actually tried to do the skincare deal but in a different way than the scenario I gave you. I was doing this deal for coupons for Christ so I had lots of lubriderm $2.00 coupons. I thought I could actually get enough lubriderm for free and make a $10 profit with the beauty rebate. However, the smallest bottle of lubriderm ($3.79-$3.99) is not included in the sale.  Ok, little roadblock. So I did some quick calculations and thought I could still make a pretty good deal just by using the $2.00/1 lubriderm coupon, the $1.00/1 lubriderm coupon from the Diabetes book and the rebate.

Well the coupon wasn't coded right and kept beeping. When the cashier asked a manager, he instructed her to do a price adjustment but would only let her do it for one, not all six. So I just had her void the whole transaction and called it a day.

So as I said before, not my best trip ever...but I'm choosing to look at it as "you win some, you lose some". Evidently it just wasn't meant to happen this week.

Hope my misadventures help some of you.

Here's another deal for this week to make up for these:

L'Oreal Preference hair color 2/$13 w/ in ad coupon
Use $3.00/1 RP 1/10 or $2/1 printable coupon
Stack with $3.00/1 Walgreens January booklet
Final Cost: as low as $0.50 each
**remember, you can buy just one and still get this deal. The Walgreens coupon will still price adjust only one item.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

I messed up on the Kleenex, too...oh well!

January 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger We are the Berenstain Bears ! said...

The small Lubiderm ($3.99) is included on sale at Walgreens on 2nd st and Boulevard. I went to try the deals and both worked for me.
-Maria-

January 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home