Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Good Bye 2009 ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009 ~




In just a few short hours, 2010 will be ushered in very quietly here at the Brackney residence,  but 2009 has been anything but quiet. What a year it's been!

I haven't prepared a long post of the best and the worst deals of 2009. Or all the awesome deals we've snagged  (or not). But I have taken some time to reminisce.

I remember when I first thought to start a blog...that was actually in 2008. It took until March 2009 for me to be sure that this was really what God wanted me to do. And even then it was no small thang!

Trying to explain to hubby why it was taking every waking hour of the day for his technologically challenged wife to set up a blog that somehow wasn't going to take up every waking hour from here on out was quite a feat.

But the biggest battle was with myself. Since the beginning of my frugal journey, I have sought to honor God in all I do. I really wanted to glorify Him with our finances, to be a Proverbs 31 wife to the best of my abilities, and to serve others with my spiritual gifts.

So I set out, with His blessing, but along the way my flesh got in the way.

I found myself watching my reader numbers like a hawk. I'd feel my heart plummet if they went down and soar when they went up. I found myself wanting to grow and be successful, but from a worldly view.

I would spend countless hours, that should have been with family or other responsibilities, scouring the blogosphere for the next deal. I wanted to be on top of everything.

I always said I wanted to be different than other money saving blogs. That I wanted to be outward with my faith and not hide it behind the deals. But then I found myself doing the very thing I said I'd never do. Removing HIM from the center.  I even considered accepting an opportunity to share my story on a much larger, well-known blog even though they wanted me to tone down the spiritual side of things for fear of alienating readers.

WOW! Was I ever headed in the wrong direction.

I am so thankful to God that He does not allow the children He loves to continue down the wrong path for long. He gently showed me the direction I was headed and the results of continuing down that path.

And He showed me where He wanted me to go instead. What a difference!

His way brings contentment and peace and a renewed vision for this ministry.

Simple Saving Savvy has passed by the 400 reader mark (not that I'm counting! Ha!) but the funny thing is, it remained at just under but never quite reaching 400 for quite some time . See, 400 was my goal for the end of 2009. And when I started struggling with my flesh, and letting it win out, it seemed that goal would never be realized.

Funny? No, I choose to believe it was God's hand in things. Showing me His ways are best and allowing me the realization of my goals ONLY when they are HIS goals too!

So this is my prayer for every one of you for 2010...may HIS goals be YOUR goals and may you be INTENTIONAL in obtaining them but only within His will.

And of course...Happy Shopping!

To God Be All Glory & Praise!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home