Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Baskets of Hope Update ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baskets of Hope Update ~

Awhile back I posted about a gift basket project I was planning for single mothers during the Christmas season.

I am so blessed to report that this coming Sunday, friends from church will be gathering at my house to help assemble 27 gift baskets that will be delivered to single moms within the next couple of weeks.

My husband will be glad when all this stuff is gone from our living room but I am thanking God for His excellent provision for this project.




All of this is sitting, waiting to be assembled into Christmas Gift Baskets to encourage single moms. There are lotions, candles, cosmetic bags, weekly planners, notepads, note cards, fingernail polish, lip gloss/balm, purse size kleenex, scrub buds, Christmas wishes gift books, Christmas CDs, colorful calculators, travel coffee mugs and much more.

Coupons for Christ covered the expense which was around $500 for everything. That works out to be about $19 per basket.

I thought this was an excellent price since the only things I was able to use coupons on were the lotions and candles. Everything else was purchased on clearance, at the Target Dollar Spot, Dollar Tree and lots of other places. Since this was a "gift" basket project for single moms of all demographics, we wanted it to be mainly gifts and not stuff they needed.

I can hardly wait to help deliver the baskets! I'll be sure and post pictures when they are assembled.

Oh, and I almost forgot, we're including one of these great devotionals in every basket!

How are you being intentional with giving this Christmas season?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home