Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Show & Tell ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Show & Tell ~

Christy was kind enough to share her shopping trips at CVS and Walgreens with us this week. I love seeing these pictures and scenarios. They often give me ideas for completing my own scenarios and also provide encouragement from knowing that others are benefiting from the savings posted here!

Here's her CVS trip:
(1) Halloween treat bag $.99
(2) Pumpkin carving tool $1.99 x2
(3) Northern Quilted TP 12 pk double roll $ 6.99 x3
(3) Schick 2-count disposable razors $1.29 x3
(1) Coke Zero 20 oz $1.49

Subtotal: $31.30
Coupons used: -$12.49
Extrabucks used: -$18.00
Total paid out of pocket: $2.18
Earned $7.97 in Extrabucks!

Coupons used included:
- $5 off $30 purchase
- $2 off 2 packs Northern TP
- $1 off 1 pack Northern TP
- $1 off any disposable Schick (x3)
- $1.49 free 20oz Coke (my first Coke Rewards coupon!)

And here's the Walgreens trip:

Transaction 1:
(1) Huggies Diapers jumbo pack $9
(1) Huggies Pullups jumbo pack $9
(1) Hydrogen peroxide 16oz $0.29
(4) Halloween plastic cups $0.17 x4
Used...
- $2 off Huggies diapers
- $2 off Huggies pullups
- coupon from the weekly ad for the Halloween cups (one coupon is scanned and it adjusts the price of however many cups you buy)
- $7 Register Reward I earned last week
- $3 Register Reward I earned last week
- $3 Register Reward I earned last week
- $1 Register Reward I earned last week

Total out of pocket: $2.65
Earned $4 Register Reward for buying 2 packs of Huggies

Transaction 2:
(8) Ragu pasta sauce $1.67 x8
(4) Halloween plastic cups $0.17 x4
Used...
- $1 off 2 Ragu (x4)
- coupon from the weekly ad for the Halloween cups (The cashier was kind enough to use the same coupon from the first transaction.)
- $4 Register Reward earned from first transaction
- $3 Register Reward earned last week
- $1 Register Reward earned last week

Total out of pocket: $3.26
Earned $8 Register Reward for buying 8 Ragu.

Great job Christy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting my trip!

I forgot to mention this in my email so I thought I'd share it here. Last week I received an email from the CVS Advisor Panel asking me to participate in an online survey. When I completed the survey I earned $10 Extrabucks that I could print right from my computer! It's like free money! This week I thought of it as a coupon for $10 off toilet paper :)

Christy

October 13, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home