Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Savvy Saver Recipe ~ Italian Chicken Pasta

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Savvy Saver Recipe ~ Italian Chicken Pasta


I had planned on Pot Roast for dinner two Sundays ago but I forgot to put it in the crockpot before I left for church. Since I seem to ruin any roast I ever try to cook in the oven, I most certainly didn't want to go that route.

I could've cooked my Monday night meal but I also had a bunch of squash and zucchini my friend Ada gave us from her garden. I knew I needed to find ways to use it. Here's what I came up with:

Italian Chicken Pasta

1 1/2 cups chicken breast marinated in Italian Dressing**
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 cup Zuchinni
1 cup Yellow Squash
1 cup julienned carrots
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cups Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend
1 bag Wacky Mac

**Please note that I precook my chicken, chop it and freeze it in Italian dressing. Then when it thaws, it automatically marinades. You could do this a couple of hours before cooking.

Preheat oven to 400

Cook pasta according to directions on the package, drain and place in 9x13 baking dish.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet. Add carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes, then add zucchini and squash and saute just until barely tender. Add salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and place in baking dish.

Add chicken to the skillet, dressing and all. Saute until heated through. Add to baking dish.

Mix pasta, chicken and vegetables together with 1 cup of cheese.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.


Do you have any original or frugal recipes you'd like to share? Email me at frugalfraulein(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll feature it in a future post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home