Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: My Target Shopping Trip ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Target Shopping Trip ~

First of all, last week I had a doctor's appointment and was issued two new prescriptions so I used the in-ad coupon for $10 Target Gift Card with any new or transferred prescription. So I started this trip with $20 in gift cards.

Secondly, this was NOT a planned trip. I went into town today to get my Sunday early editions of the Oklahoman and to return a redbox rental when I remembered Target had the $1.00/1 General Mills coupons which translates into FREE when you buy the individual cups. So I stopped in and here's what I came home with:

Here are the individual deals:

Dawn Direct Foam $2.29 - $1.50/1 from Home Made Simple = $0.79

Skittles Cores $0.52 x 2* = $1.04 - $1.00/1 Target printable = $0.04 for two
*if you don't buy (2) for every coupon, your coupons will very likely beep. I bought 18 skittle total and used 9 coupons.

General Mills Cereal Cups $1.00 - $1.00/1 Target printable = FREE

Jello Sugar-Free Cherry Gelatin $0.26 x2 = $0.52 - $0.50/2 manf. coupon (I have no idea where this came from) = $0.02 for two

You can see from the photo how much stuff I got. Let me tell you I spent roughly $6 for all of it, tax included and of course it went on my gift card so I really didn't SPEND anything at all! WOOHOO!

I will also tell you that my cashier SEEMED to be scanning all the coupons (I watched him like a hawk and did not see any stick together) but when I checked my receipt at the end (I always do this, plus I knew I was charged more than I should have been, there were $6.00 in Target printables that did not come off. I had to go to customer service and have them fix it.

So a word to the wise, ALWAYS check your receipt if it seems things didn't pan out right.


P.S. I just feel compelled to add that NO, I do not let my children eat all this candy! I keep a stock of freebie candies for special treats - it's great for rewards for hard work or valiant effort or even to take to the movies! AND they make a great edition to birthday presents for my kids or others. I also donate some...what a treat for families who may not be able to afford this kind of stuff.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Candace said...

I had a question... I'm new to this.. On the Target printables, in the fine print it says "Limit 1 offer per transaction".. How are you able to buy so many of the cereal and skittles at one time?

August 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

Hi Candace ~ This is one of those things that is at your store's "discretion". The coupons didn't always say that. I noticed sometime back that the fine print had changed so I called and asked when it had happened. Apparently it had changed a few weeks before the day I called but the thing is, I had just used multiples that day with no problem. So I asked about this and they told me that the fine print had been changed due to some issues some stores were having but that it was up to the store whether they wanted to accept multiples or not. I have always used multiples at Target in Edmond with no problem. I cannot vouch for other Target stores. Another thing I have to mention, I NEVER clean the shelves. When I bought the 12 cereals, I left lots of stock behind. Same with the Skittles. If there aren't very many, I only buy a couple. ~Amanda

August 24, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home