Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Walgreens Scenarios 4/5 - 4/11

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Monday, April 6, 2009

Walgreens Scenarios 4/5 - 4/11

Here's what I'm doing at Walgreens this week, God willing the stock is available. I am starting with a few RRs from previous weeks so if you don't have any accumulated RRs, your OOP may be a little higher but you'll still make out well even if you're starting from scratch. As you can see, my OOP before RRs is right around the amount I'll get back in RRs. I'm also using very few coupons for these transactions so that gives you some wiggle room if you don't have a coupon stockpile yet.

Here we go........

Transaction #1
$3.49 Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste
$1.99 Chapstick Naturals or True Shimmer Lip Balm
$7.98 Visine A (use [2] $3/1 RP 3/15)
$13.46 Subtotal
$ 6.00 minus coupons
$ 3.00 minus $3 previous RR (SC Johnson)
$4.46 OOP (plus tax)

Earn
$3.50 Colgate RR (colgate)
$2.00 Chapstick RR
$3.00 Visine RR (McNeil)

Transaction #2
$3.99 Softsoap (use RR from previous promotion)
$5.00 Reach Toothbrushes 2/$5 (use $1/1 SS 3/15)
$2.99 Skintimate
$11.98 subtotal
$3.99 minus softsoap RR from last week's promotion (Colgate)
$2.00 minus coupons
$3.50 minus Colgate RR from previous transaction
$2.00 minus Chapstick RR from transaction #1
$0.49 OOP (plus tax)

Earn
$2.50 Reach RR (McNeil)
$2.99 Skintimate RR (SC Johnson)

Transaction #3
$10.00 Hershey's bagged candy $2.50 x4 (use $1.50/3 SS 3/15 or this one
HERE)
$ 3.99 Softsoap (use RR from previous promotion)
$ 2.99 Skintimate
$ 1.99 Chapstick
$18.97 subtotal
$ 1.50 minus coupon
$ 3.99 minus softsoap RR
$ 2.50 minus RR from previous transaction (McNeil)
$ 3.50 minus RR from transaction #1 (colgate)
$ 3.00 minus RR from transaction #1 (McNeil)
$ 4.48 OOP (plus tax)

Earn
$2.99 Skintimate RR (SC Johnson)
$1.99 Chapstick RR
$5.00 Hersheys Easy Saver Rebate

So overall I have spent $9.43 OOP, I still have $10.47 ($4.98 from trans #3 and $5.49 from trans #2) to use on future deals, plus I'll be getting back a $5 Easy Saver Rebate.

Don't have previous RRs or the coupons listed? Copy and paste the scenarios to a word document, print out and play around with what you do have. Just keep these guidelines in mind:

1. One coupon per item. For every coupon you use (this includes RRs), you must have an item to take the place of that coupon. Great fillers are pencils, envelopes are $0.69 this week with in-ad coupon, or check out the clearance section.

2. You cannot use an RR by one maker to receive another RR by the same maker. Notice how in all my transactions, if I used a Colgate RR to pay, I did not buy Colgate products. If I used a McNeil RR to pay, I did not buy McNeil Products in that transaction. Keep in mind that the Softsoap $3.99 RR from last week is a colgate RR. Even though it can only be used on Softsoap, if you purchase the colgate toothpaste in the same transaction, your new RR may not print.

3. Also, I have heard that if you do the Reach and the Visine in one transaction, only one of the RRs will print. So it's best to separate these deals to be on the safe side.

Confused? Email me. I'd be happy to answer questions or help with scenarios. I'll be shopping today but will be back this afternoon to check email.

And let's all be praying that the new rewards program will be much easier to navigate. There's a reason I love CVS!




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Thrifty Queen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Thrifty Queen said...

How are you rolling over RR? Our Walgreen will not print a RR if a RR is used. It is very hard to use the RR when you can not use them to get another RR. Let me know so I can tell our Walgreens that other stores are doing it.

April 10, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

It has been the case for as long as I have been shopping at Walgreens that you can use RRs to pay for a transaction and still get an RR as long as the RR is NOT from the same MAKER as the RR promotion you are doing. In other words, you cannot use a P&G RR to do a P&G RR promotion. The new RR will not print. But you can use a McNeil RR to pay for a P&G promotion and the new RR will print. Hope this helps. I have had this happen as well, RRs not printing. Unfortunately no one at Walgreens seems to know why this is the case. I'm just praying the new rewards system is much more controlled and consistent...like CVS!

April 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home