Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: My Walgreens Trip 4/13/09

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Walgreens Trip 4/13/09

Walgreens was a success this week! For me, success at Walgreens means that my transaction, just the way I planned it, was executed perfectly. All my RRs printed, none of my coupons beeped! I used (3) RRs toward my balance and all my new RRs printed without a hitch, so if a Walgreens employee tells you your RRs did not print because you used an RR to pay, that simply is not accurate. There has to be another reason.





Here's what I got:
(6) Vaseline Intensive Care @ $2.69
(12) Mentos Gum @ 2/$2
(2) Visine AC @ $3.99
(1) Colgate MaxFresh Toothbrush $3.29
(4) Gel Pens @ $0.10 (I needed three fillers to use my RRs)

Total before coupons: $39.81

Coupons used:
(6) Vaseline Intensive Care $1.25 (RP 3/1)
(12) Mentos Gum $1.00 (SS 3/1)
(2) Visine AC $3.00 (RP 3/15)
(1) Colgate MaxFresh TB $1.00 Printable

RRs used:
$3 Wyeth
$3 SC Johnson
$2 Chapstick

Total OOP: $8.40

That's a savings of 79% plus I'll submit the Vaseline Intensive Care lotions for the Unilever Ham rebate and I also earned $12.50 in RRs (see break down below) to use toward my next purchase.

RRs earned:
$6 Unilever (lotion)
$3 McNeil (visine)
$3.50 Colgate-Palmolive (toothbrush)



**Did you notice the sale price of the toothbrush was $3.29? But I received an RR for $3.50? So between the difference and my coupon, I made a profit of $1.21.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home