Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Friday Lunch Date & Chili's Guiltless Grill Menu

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Friday Lunch Date & Chili's Guiltless Grill Menu

Hubby has had Fridays off lately. Usually he is piddling (is that even a word?) around the yard or garage but we thought this week we would try to have a "date". Well, I had coupons through BzzAgent for the Chili's Guiltless Grill campaign so we thought we'd give it a whirl. A "cheap" date at that!

I told my hubby that the only criteria for going to lunch for free is that he had to give me constructive feedback on his entree so I could report back. No worries. So he orders the Guiltless Buffalo Chicken sandwich. When it comes, it looks scrumptious. He wolfs is down in less than five minutes, including the steamed veggies with parmesan cheese that came on the side. I ask him how it was and here is our conversation:

me: "how was it?"
him: "eh...it was alright."
me: "what exactly does 'alright' mean? Did you like it?"
him: "it was ok. It was good. Kinda small though."
me: "honey, you have to remember, this is the "Guiltless" menu. It's supposed to be healthy, low-fat, smaller portions. It's not a gorge yourself type of menu."
him: "well, I understand that but if that's all the food I'm gonna get to eat, then I don't think I'd be worrying much about healthy, I'd work it all off in no time."

Ok, so lesson#1 ....DO NOT take hubby to try out a healthy menu, especially when said hubby is 6'4" and 220lbs. He won't be satisfied even if a gourmet chef is creating his lunch! Better to invite a friend for a girl's lunch!

On a more positive note.....MINE was DELISH! I had the Cedar Plank Tilapia....seasoned and served right up on a cedar plank with homemade pico de gallo and of course steamed veggies on the side with parmesan sprinkled over the top. The tilapia was cooked perfectly, flavorful and just enough to fill me up without making me sluggish. I loved the veggies too!

Lesson #2....remember to ask lunch companion for a bite of theirs!

Are you a member of BzzAgent? If not, check it out here: http://www.bzzagent.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home