Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Intentional Tuesday Tip: It's OK To Take A Break !

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Intentional Tuesday Tip: It's OK To Take A Break !

THIS is exactly how I've been feeling for the last week or so.

Between my responsibilities as a wife, mom and blogger and then the everyday extras of life, I'm feeling extremely weighed down.

I haven't wanted to even so much as look at a coupon, nevermind actually go shopping with them!

And to top it all off, I've caught a cold. I'm usually pretty good about staying well, but when you jam pack a marriage conference, Winter Jam, early church and an iceskating outing with three 10 year olds into the same weekend, there's little chance for rest. And we all know that regular rest is key to maintaining a healthy immune system.

And of course the stress of knowing I'm behind on deals, behind on laundry and somehow need to find time to invest in the new website doesn't help the old immune system either.

Last night I told my husband how exhausted I was and he uttered the most enlightening phrase to me...so simple, yet so profound...are you ready?

He said, "well, then why don't you rest!"

Well? Why don't I? I mean, the laundry will be there when I get back. And the kids would love it if I just sat down and watched a movie with them. And there will always be another deal if I miss one. And it's not like Simple Saving Savvy is the only blog you all can find deals on. And so what if my house looks like a tornado blew through.

This I know...if I actually rest for awhile, I'll regain strength and momentum and will be able to do a much, much better job after a respite, then I'm doing now in my present state.

So you know what I did yesterday? I gave myself permission NOT to shop at Walgreens or CVS. Yep! I sure did. My RRs and ECBs laid dormant in my wallet as I skipped this week's deals and went only to Crest & Homeland.

And you know what else I did? I DIDN'T clean the kitchen after dinner. And I DIDN'T switch out the laundry. And I DIDN'T sweep up the dry leaves that seem to have congregated in our entry way for a last hurrah for winter. I just DIDN'T!

I took a break! And I'm giving you permission to do the same thing!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sofia said...

haha:) sounds like you need a plush vacation:)

March 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Nicci said...

You have definitely earned a break!

March 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home