Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Savvy Saving Solutions ~ Minced Garlic ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Savvy Saving Solutions ~ Minced Garlic ~


One of my favorite ways to save time in the kitchen is by using Ready to Use Minced Garlic. You just open the jar and spoon out the desired amount. No time spent chopping or dealing with the food processor.

I found this huge jar of it at Buy for Less a couple of weeks ago for only $3.44. One half teaspoon is the equivalent of one clove of garlic and there are approximately 384 cloves worth of garlic in the jar. That works out to just $0.009 per clove.

So you end up saving both time and money.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger DeDe said...

Wow that is a good bargain! Does it taste the same as fresh? I am all about easy clean up. My garlic press is not all that easy to clean.

October 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They actually sell these exact jars/brands at Dollar Tree in my area, for a dollar. It's much easier!

October 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

Yes, Dedra, it still tastes the same as fresh. If I'm sauteeing with garlic, I always make sure to put the garlic in the skillet at the same time I put my olive oil because as the olive oil heats, the garlic flavor infuses the oil. If you put the garlic in after the oil is hot, it sears the garlic and you won't get as much flavor.

I never thought to check the Dollar Tree. I don't usually buy food at Dollar Tree because I find I can get it alot less expensive with coupons at other stores. But this would be a steal. I'll have to check it out. ~Amanda

October 2, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home