Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Thanksgiving & Praise ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thanksgiving & Praise ~

As the church I attend kicks off it's Women's Mentoring Program, I have been doing alot of thinking about the "older, wiser" women in my life

From a very young age, I have always enjoyed being around those older than I. And sometime in my early 30's I became convicted of the importance of allowing those who have gone before to help shape and mold my life

God knew that at this time in my life I would need sources of wisdom, encouragement and accountability. It seems that in just the past year, God has brought several relationships to fruition through no efforts of my own.

Debby so graciously welcomed me into her home for a weekly, small-group Bible study. She taught me how to see my husband as God sees him, to be on his team and to make him a study so I might adapt myself to him as God requires. More than anything, she encouraged me to rely on Christ to meet all my needs and to seek Him in everything.

Nancy has taught me the value of having female friends. She has taught me to laugh. And to make sure I have nothing planned before I call her because we'll likely be on the phone for a few hours! But through those telephone marathons, Nancy has allowed me to see into her own life. I have learned that life is all about grace...walking in grace. And just as God has lavishly showered His grace upon me (and still does moment by moment), so I should do the same for others.

And Lynn has inspired me to be more than I already am. She has shown me that obedience to God in every area...doing things His way is always BEST. Her life of surrender is such an encouragement to me. And of course I love all her nuggets of domestic wisdom. Many of which I share with you all.

My new "mentor" is Karla. I have known Karla and her husband for about 4 years now. She is an amazing woman of God and I am so excited to get to know her on a more intimate level.

These women love God with all their heart and soul and mind and strength. They seek to honor Him in all they do and to give back out of the abundance by which they have been so richly blessed. They have most definitely planted a few vineyards (see Proverbs 31). I will be eternally grateful that God has led them to invest in my life.

To God Be the Glory!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home