Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Savvy Saver Recipes ~ Country Chicken Casserole ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Savvy Saver Recipes ~ Country Chicken Casserole ~




Ingredients:


2 cans cream of celery soup
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked vegetables (I use greenbeans, carrots & corn)
2 cups cooked chicken
1 box prepared stuffing

Mix soups, milk, thyme, pepper, vegetables and turkey in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Top with stuffing.

Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until hot throughout and stuffing is golden.

This recipe is great for using up left-over turkey during the holidays. After Christmas, when the grocery stores clearance their overstock of stuffing, I buy up a bunch (usually for around $0.25 per box) to get me through til next year. I'm just now using my last box of stuffing this week, that I bought at Crest last year. Just be sure to check expiration dates.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DeDe said...

Thanks for the new recipe. Sounds good and easy to boot. I will pick up some boxed stuffing today as I shop.

September 24, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home