Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Lunch Date Conversation ~

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lunch Date Conversation ~


Last week I receive my KFC replacement vouchers from that big printable coupon fiasco a few months back. So yesterday my hubby and I had to go to Guthrie to meet our children's teachers and we decided to kill two birds with one stone and throw a lunch date in...a FREE lunch date!

As we're sitting there munching on our Kentucky GRILLED chicken, which by the way doesn't seem any more healthy for you than the deep fried stuff, hubby's eyes suddenly light up.

"You won't believe the deal I got!" he says.

Oh really?

"I received an offer in the mail today. If we make a $10 donation to the Arbor Day Foundation, they'll send us 10 free trees plus a Crape Myrtle tree!"

At this point I'm raising my eyebrows and my female mind is finding all the holes in this plan.

"WAIT! It gets better" he says. "The first 50 people to return their donation get 12 bags of Arbor Day Coffee FREE!!"

I just couldn't hold it in.

"Are there any other stipulations?"
"Did you read the fine print?"
"There's nothing about joining a monthly club or something?"
"Just 11 trees and 12 bags of coffee (possibly) just like that?"

He assured me that he read it and so I left it at that.

As were were on our way home after meeting three teachers, Hubby asked me if I knew where the Guthrie Post Office was. I proceeded to give him directions and then asked, "why?".

He smiles, flips down his visor and there it is, the envelope to Arbor Day Foundation, all sealed and stamped and ready to go.

"I'm gonna get that FREE coffee!" he says.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home