Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.simplesavingsavvy.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

Simple Saving Savvy: Show & Tell

Simple Saving Savvy

Practicing Wise Stewardship & Blessing Others Out of Our Abundance

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Show & Tell

Christy, another friend of mine and one of my coupon class graduates sent me this photo and email last week. It was for a shopping trip during the week that Homeland was running all the AMAZING Kraft deals.

"I finally got out last week (she has been recovering from major surgery) to pick up a couple of items and I couldn't resist all the good deals in the Homeland ad. Here is what I got".

In the first transaction, her total was
$26.16 OOP
$23.29 coupon savings
$17.28 doubled coupons
$30.06 One card savings

*not counting the one card savings, this is a savings of 61%!

In the second transaction, Christy's total was
$2.23 OOP
$4.90 coupon savings
$4.89 doubled coupons
$6.62 one card savings

*savings percentage was 77%!!


"The manager actually rang me up and told me how amazed he was at the money I had just saved.

As I was leaving the store, a lady stopped me and asked if she could look at my coupon binder. She said, I've noticed you in here several times and have always wanted to see how you organize your coupons.

Anyway, I was so excited because I was able to share half of the groceries with my mom (who is always cooking for us) so it made me feel good to bless her...."


Thanks for sharing Christy and I'm glad you're feeling better!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Amanda,
I am new to your site and just wanted to say. You make this look so easy and fun. I have tried this before and well it just didn't pan out. I to LOVE your notebook idea for the coupons I was up late last night putting my own together. I have been able to put mine together at no cost. I used all my old plastic pictures sleeves. I scrapbook and now I have a bunch that are empty. Now they have been put to use in my New wonderful coupon book holding my coupons.
All my coupons that I printed out and found in my purse ever so neatly thrown into a zip lock bag. lol THANK you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas and finds with all of us. Now off I go to write down my shopping game plan for tomorrow, so not to forget it when I go saving!
Sincerely
Amy

June 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Simple Saving Savvy said...

Hi Amy! So glad you're getting "back in the saddle". I hope this go round will be more successful for you. Feel free to email me anytime with questions and be sure and share one of your successful shopping trips with us! ~ Amanda

June 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home